The Missionary Will Ask the Following Questions...
- Do you believe that God is our Eternal Father? Do you believe that
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world?
- Do you believe the Church and gospel of Jesus Christ have been
restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith? Do you believe that [current
Church President] is a prophet of God? What does this mean to you?
- What does it mean to you to repent? Do you feel that you have repented
of your past transgressions?
- Have you ever committed a serious crime? If so, are you now on
probation or parole? Have you ever participated in an abortion? a
- You have been taught that membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-day Saints includes living gospel standards. What do you
understand of the following standards? Are you willing to obey them?
- The law of chastity, which prohibits any sexual relationship outside
the bonds of a legal marriage between a man and a woman?
- The law of tithing.
- The Word of Wisdom.
- The Sabbath day, including partaking of the sacrament weekly and
rendering service to fellow members.
- When you are baptized, you covenant with God that you are willing to
take upon yourself the name of Christ and keep His commandments throughout
your life. Are you ready to make this covenant and strive to be
faithful to it?
(The above was quoted from the manual Preach My Gospel, page 206)
If you answer yes to any of the questions entailed in point four, the
missionary conducting the interview will refer you to the mission president
to determine if you qualify for baptism.